Subject to Availability
Perennials are wonderful plants that come back every year. Most die back in late fall and emerge from ground in spring. There are some varieties that keep their foliage year around.
Our perennial selection is enormous. We grow and carry over twenty thousand perennials with over 130 varieties of hosta, 20 types of peony, 28 types of coneflower, 15 types of dianthus, 4 types of lavender and many varieties of naturalizing perennials. We carry perennials for sun, to part shade, to full shade. Huge selection of herbs!
6,000 quart perennials available in spring at $3.99 each.
We carry perennials that are:
- Long blooming
- Highly fragrant
- Best used in rock gardens
- Attractive to butterflies and hummingbirds
- Interesting in foliage appearance
- For evening gardens that almost glow
- For moist soils
- Drought tolerant
- Great groundcovers
- Good for long lasting cut flowers
- Great for seashore locations
- Wind tolerant
- Cottage gardens
- Various in heights
PERENNIAL PLANT OF THE YEAR
FORMER PERENNIAL PLANTS OF THE YEAR....
- 2018 - Allium Millenium
- 2017 - Butterfly Weed 'Tuberosa'
- 2016 - Anemone 'Honorine Jobert'
- 2015 - Geranium 'Biokovo'
- 2014 - Northwind Grass
- 2013 - "Solomons Seal"
- 2012 - "Jack Frost" Brunnera
- 2011 - Amsonia
- 2010 - Baptisia
- 2009 - "Aureola" - Hakonechloa
- 2008 - "Rozanne" Geranium
- 2007 - "Walker's Low"-Nepeta
- 2006 - "Firewitch" Dianthus
- 2005 - "Helleborus"
- 2004 - "Pictum" Japanese Painted Fern
- 2003 - "Becky" Shasta Daisy
- 2002 - "David" Tall Phlox-Phlox paniculata
- 2001 - "Karl Foerster" Grass
- 2000 - "Buttefly Blue"-Scabiosa
- 1999 - "Goldstrum" Black-eyed Susan-Rudbeckia
- 1998 - "Magnus" Coneflower-Echinacea Purpurea
- 1997 - "May Night"-Salvia Superba
- 1996 - "Husker Red"-Penstemon Digitalis
- 1995 - "Russian Sage"-Perovskia Atriplicifolia
2019 HOSTA OF THE YEAR
"Lakeside Paisley Print"
We would like to recommend:
The everblooming miniature daylily
'Going Bananas'. Height of 18". Blooms June to November. Sun loving, drought tolerant and very fragrant.
Heuchera (Coral Bells) is an evergreen perennial available in many varieties. Fantastic leaf coloring and whispy flower spindles. Works great as a border and accent plant.
Over 20 types of peony available
Pinball Wizard Dianthus
Huge selection of Dianthus
Campanula Iridescent Bells
Double Scoop Cranberry Coneflower
28 Varieties of Coneflower